Enhanced PMI Improvement
• New “Chamfer” PMI dimension: Chamfer PMI supports to create 45-degree chamfer dimension,on planar face.
• New “Arc Length” PMI dimension: “Arc Length” PMI dimension can work on arc and circle.
• New “Center Line” and “Center Mark” PMI: “Center Line” can work on all revolve faces like cylindrical face. And “Center Mark” can work on arc, circle, cylindrical and spherical faces.
• New “Hole Callout” PMI: “Hole Callout” is to dimension the hole feature like the one in drawing sheet.
• New Linear “Radius/Diameter” PMI.
• New options to select different linear dimension between arc or cylinder and other entities
• New “Convert to PMI” to generate PMIs from feature dimensions: “Convert to PMI” uses feature dimensions to create corresponding PMI object
• New “Method” option to change linear dimension into other result: “Datum Feature” PMI can attach to other dimensions
• New support to group/ungroup PMIs: When PMIs are too much to manage, users can group them basing on their types for better organization.
Expanded “Config Table”
“Config Table” has been further developed into a compound tool to include all common contents that are used in making part family, such as part attributes, variables, modeling features, assembly component and their constraints, so that users can easily set up all items of a part family at one form.
• New configurable item list for part modeling.
• New configurable item list for assembly.
• Common behaviors inside Part config form.
• Expanded “Configured data list” and New “Edit data in Excel”.
New “Associative Import”
Under some work scenarios, the downstream team needs to link to objects provided by the upstream team to make sure their works can update to the newest. “Associative import” can build this kind of link between commercial 3D systems and ZW3D.
“Associative import” knows about the original info of the imported commercial 3D formats, and can recognize which one is changed, then only re-import the changed one to update corresponding object and downstream operations inside ZW3D.
Basing on the cases from feedback, “Shell” have upgraded its algorithm to boost its correctness and coverage greatly, especially when using the “Removal all” intersection option. Here are the details:
• New instant preview allows users to observe the result directly
• Better openining : Opening in tangent faces and Opening on faces with different convexities
• Support to shell partially on uneven thick faces
• Better “Intersection” removal: Intersection removal now can cover more cases and produce much better shell result, especially using the Remove all option.
Strengthened “View Dynamic Section”
More functionalities are provided by “View Dynamic Section” to allow users to exclude components from sectioning, to use 3 intersected planes to generate 1/4, 1/8 or other section view, even to make STL model sectioned.
• “Insert curves” generates all section curves as what you see
• New “Exclude” and “Include” options to allow users to specify which components are sectioned: As what you see from the picture above, you can exclude or include any components to tack part in.
• New support to section STL object: When you want to measure some distance from some section of the STL object, just section it then use tools from measurement tools to pick the section curves
• New “Section with 3 Planes”
“Section with 3 Planes” uses 3 intersected planes to form a corner to cut off part of the model allowing users to observe the interior. Quite much section effects can be obtained through various combination of the 3 intersected planes.
Enhanced Layer Manager
Layer manager provides a new “Category” attribute to further organize layers into groups, so that users can manipulate them as one object. And the rule to calculate quantity attribute has changed to be more efficient, and more interaction between manager and entities inside graphic area are implemented to offer an easy-to use experience.
• New “Category” attribute to organize layers.
• Speed up the Quantity calculation.
The Quantity attribute has changed its calculation rule to speed up the opening layer manger with massive layers and entities, and only independent objects is taken into calculation, such as shape, component, curves and so on.
• New filter to locate the target layers: The filter screens out the layers by visibility, freezing and specified characters, so users can locate the target layers easily.
• Changed manager form to non-modal
When the manager is open, users still can work on other places, like picking entities inside graphic area, or adding new features. “Reload layer info” button can update the layer list when some entities are added or deleted.
Updated Part Attribute
Part attribute is the basic info to learn about what the part is in a quick way, so the new version provides more means for users to abstract more info into attributes.
• New “Sheet object”, “Sheet code” and “CAM object” attributes.
• New date format.
• Renewed “User Attributes”.
• New “Select object in layer” option to pick all entities of the layers.
When the option is checked, all entities of the picked layers will be highlighted, so users can observe what they are .Since the entities of the picked layers are selected, users can continue to work on them, like Move, delete and so on.
MOLD DESIGN HIGHTLIGHT
• New “Sketch” in Drafting Context:
Sketch is introduced into drawing sheet so that geometries drawn in drafting can be parameterized with dimensions and shaped with constraints.
• Updated “Text”: “Text” has updated to provide more new character attributes, and support word wrap and insert pictures.
Improved 3 Axis Operations
3X to 5X Undercut:
With this option, we can create tool path in the undercut regions which tool will be tilted against Z axis. Those regions can be detected automatically.
The transition distance between 3-axis and 5-axis cutting can be controlled by the fanning in distance and the fanning out distance.
5 Axis Multiple Layers Cutting
Side Step Function in 5X Side Cut Operation
In previous versions, 5X Side Cut operation has no Side Step function, user cannot customize the offset distance and cutting depth of side, then only generate a layer of tool path on the side.
In order to improve the availability, Side Step function is added in which user can define the offset distance and cutting depth, thus generating multilayer tool path.
Frame Option in Flat Finish Operation
In previous versions, Flat Finish operation only generated tool path in the default coordinate. New Frame option can generate tool path according coordinate which define by user. See as below: